Notes on transmission install:
To start off I attempted to use a 1998 forest 5mt trans. This will not work as the center diff helps pump oil( Read this FFR thread for more!). I changed my transmission to a 2014 WRX trans. I am using the the 06+ WRX push style clutch. I bought a 06 clutch kit, flywheel, bearing fork, and the ball join that goes behind the fork. Grab all of those parts and your all set to handle decent power.
- Before you install any transmission make sure to clean the throwout bearing shaft. Grab some mild sand paper or a wire brush and clean it so that its smooth. Add MP grease to the shaft and fork ball join for smooth glide.
- Place the flywheel on engine I use red lock tight to ensure the flywheel does not come loose. Clean the surface with brake clean.
- Next install your clutch disk this is very important make sure its nice and straight.
- Place your pressure plate on make sure to clean the surface with brake clean. After install confirm you alignment tool still installs straight.
- Install the trans. I used an engine hoist I would suggest installing it onto the engine 1st then installing the engine and transmission as one.
- I followed the FFR directions and everything went well. The only issue I ran into was I had an extra shim in my transmission. Not sure FFR just forgot or what.
- Install your cover plate. I painted mine and also scuffed up the inside so I could have a nice seal.